Sunday, August 15, 2010

a drifting bird

I am still a drifting bird
no idea of fight or flight
i believe, i love and i hurt still
i feel pain just as i feel delight

one moment i suffer with suffering
at another i hold on to self
yet another i forget myself, to hold another
yet another i weep, for every pinch ever felt

i tell myself i believe
and in moments it is true
i do believe in goodness and life
perhaps not myself so much anymore

battered simply coz i chose to feel
what the world chooses to shut down
perhaps as i grow old my friend
i will have a permanent frown

but believe me i will still tell the world
give love a chance, believe
be open, talk, trust, don't be scared of hurt
make bridges, sculpt, write, weave...

open your arms, even if they feel tired
open your arms, even as you cry
open your arms, for love not pain
even if u r the last, try....

i believe in the truth, even when it hurts
i believe in love's power to heal
i can let go, coz i know how to love
yet i cant let go, i bleed

but as i said, i m a drifting bird
almost absent-minded in fight or flight
i believe, i love, somehow i do
i feel pain, i hope - to feel - delight!

0 comments: