Monday, March 8, 2010

The 29th Birthday

This is a day late and it is meant for SK. I had a bad day yesterday, an especially bad one and then late at night I went on twitter and I saw a 'tweet' on miracles by him...

So its with a 'thank you' that I wish him...

The 29th Birthday

I did not think 30
was any more than a number
and I still think that it is so
because I make it so,
At 29, I was still young
At 31 suddenly, I feel old!

I was hopeful still,
and in every madness - sanity prevailed,
I was never ‘still’
And when moments stopped - Dreams sailed on…

My friends who are 40 or more often said
in 10 years or so you will know
they are all people who have stopped believing you know,
and I didn’t fear it at all somehow
after all what could change if a number did
I will still be me
and so if I fall and when I fall
I’ll get up, wont it be?
I blocked the thought and pitied them
and I told myself its fine
this loss of hope and dream and all
will never ever be mine

The saddest is the belief in love
I took it so for granted
yes people come and people go
and they are never what you wanted
but the belief stayed as did the hope
of not the right person, but faith per se
that love is more than fantasy and gimmick and that
love per se, will not betray

My dearest, I feel foolish so
childlike and immature
and yet ‘common sense’ was ‘cynicism’
and I was the last one ‘sure!’

In between my fingers and palm
I hold a little light
And touched with faith, you know it can
still shine very bright
I give you this and hope and dreams
and I wish for you they shine
And with all the faith and love I hope
You are forever, twenty-nine.

0 comments: