Monday, March 8, 2010

Lack of definition

Is there a place between making love and sex?
Because I felt no overwhelm of emotion
that led to God or
restored a greater belief somewhere
or made me one with the universe ...
And yet there was no animal instinct at play somehow
What was it
that took me beyond my inhibitions
and you - beyond 'society'?
In the view of my eyes was your head
and I remember it more in "inactivity"
when you just lay over me - doing nothing
and my hands brushed your hair
effortlessly - in acceptance and warmth
of who you are and who I am and how close
we were - despite a whole world of differences
between us, around us - making us and breaking us -
I have movements and sensations in blurs
passing in and out of my vision and my memory
I smile
At times a touch becomes a feeling
At others a sensation affirms its right to remain just that
I feel currents rush from pore to pore...
And I remember cuddling up to you later
Bodies defying time, commitment,
yesterdays and tomorrows -
just holding, touching, feeling,
this, here, now -
how precious, how timeless...
even as it would not last - a moment after-
for its lack of definition
and yet, timeless...
for its lack of pretension
lack of perfection
the very same
lack
of definition.

0 comments: